Set the Speed and Foam the Milk

Its seems that the same thing happens whether you have a coffee mug in your hand or a camera around your neck. You live... One shot at a time.







Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Realized Shot

Uno: I am not Hispanic. Second: I am not Vegan. And Trois, The crazy women driver in front of me yesterday was a messege straight from Jesus.
Lets start from the beginning. I made Enchilladas tonight. They were absolutely edible and thats about it. I think i missed something. I believe that b/c i am not hispanic i can not and will not ever be able to make really good homemade, made from scratch mexican food and this shames me. I am white and i can fry just about anything...and i can chocolate up any dessert.. but texan that i am i can not live on those alone ( and apparently they are very bad for you and i should never eat them ever again..) I need mexican food and i love to cook.. i'm ashamed, Taco Bell makes better mexican food than me.. I am ashamed.
Moving along. I am NOT a vegan. I do not like gluten free things and am thankful that i do not have an allergy that prevents me from eating gluten b/c i clearly love it. in my quest to make awesome mexican food i went to Whole Foods to buy some Chilis. IT was there that i purchased a Chocolate Mint Bar. It is organic, gluten free, dairy free, 90% raw, soy free, vegan, and there is no sugar added.... and for some crazy reason i still bought it!!! A momentary lack of judgement, a love for the Whole Foods Market, and my aparent desire to wasting money = mint/chocolate flavored potting soil...Thank goodness for the dates in it or i would be using it as a paper weight right now...
Et trois..so There is a very traveled road in Louisville . Its called frankfort. Its a good road, lined with cute little shops and schools and amazing coffee houses( my favourite being Java and Heine Brothers both of which have great chai) I live off of Frankfort and have gone down this street many many times but yesterday was special. You see at some point frankfort goes from being two lane to one lane with side parking which can cause many problems. Well where the road dwindles down to a one lane there a light. About a block before this light there was a crazy lady in front of me that kept changing lanes. I agree with her. Its a hard choice. Choose the left lane and you could be stuck behind line of cars turning left at an unprotected green. Choose right and you could be stuck behind parked cars trying to get back over. The problem was, we were still a block away and this women still had not made up her mind. She kept swerving back and forth like a Rickshaw driver with a death wish. Couldnt make up her mind. So she decided to ride the middle. For those of you who dont know me... i have road rage.. well really its more of a road annoyance.. It wouldnt be a problem if people would stay out of my way.. anywho.. I was very kindly yelling and laughing at her when Jesus said... "Look whos laughing. You're the one whos riding the middle" The laughter stopped. He was right of course. He always is. The decisions i have to make are coming up. There is no use riding the middle in life. God has a will and purpose for each of us but life is not a bull's eye, its not a corn maze. We pray about making wise choices and we faithfully choose a lane. I am thankful for the reminder that finding God's will for my life is not using God like a giant 8-ball...I will choose a lane and i will not worry. ('Just Do Something' by Kevin DeYoung great book)
So i shall eat my mediocre chicken and cheese enchilladas and my vegan "Pure Organic Chocolate Food Bar" and contemplate my life in one lane or the other. Not riding the middle.

P.S. i reserve the right to make fun of vegan food, having tried it and not liked it. If you are all vegan, Good for you...

PPS.. eventually i will be posting pictures.. just you wait and see...

peace
k

5 comments:

  1. It's pretty bad when I choose the right lane and try to pass people turning left at that light- then if I choose the left lane, I try and speed up so I can not let over the people who went right... yep its bad, I know. Now I don't live over there and don't have to worry about it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I try to always be on the left b/c there are always cars parked on the right.. But sometimes i hit the light before it and realize that there are 10 cars ahead of me turning left.. its a mess..I cant believe you dont let ppl in.. thats shameful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog kelly.....shows what you love....auntie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog Kelly. I'm glad your blogging. I have a blog too if you want to check it out.
    theparkersblogsite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS You can get different backgrounds and stuff at "the cutest blog on the block.com"

    ReplyDelete